[x3d-public] v4 Sound > Analyser node > x3dom > who's drawing?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:14:40 PST 2023

The pointset animation is quite deeply embedded in the actual spatial sound
implementation in soundController_SpatialSoundFilter.js as an internal
feature . Search for pointSet. (SpatialSound.js is just the x3dom node
interface).

This brings up how one would achieve this kind of amplitude animation in
regular x3d (with the SpatialSound nodes) ?

Hope this helps a little bit, Andreas

> Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 12:01:28 -0700
> From: GPU Group <gpugroup at gmail.com>
> Subject: [x3d-public] v4 Sound > Analyser node > x3dom > who's
>         drawing?
>
> https://medialab.hmu.gr/minipages/x3domAudio/SpatialSoundFilter.xhtml
> Q. where  / what function / who is drawing the Analyser node frequency or
> time domain visualization. I don't see anything in Page Source looking at
> Analyser node fields for output.
>
> Thanks, Doug
> more..
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Web_Audio_API/Visualizations_with_Web_Audio_API
>
> - web audio example of visualization using Analyser node gets a buffer of
> spatial or time-domain data on each draw loop, and draws it.
> Currently web3d Analyser node has no output fields defined for the spatial
> or time-domain output data.
>

> https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-DIS/Part01/components/sound.html#Analyser
>  It is a mystery to me how we would use it to visualize without access to
> the data.
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/attachments/20230201/e10f4465/attachment-0001.html

> End of x3d-public Digest, Vol 167, Issue 1

Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453