[x3d-public] Prompt Engineering and X3D

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:46:04 PST 2023

Vince,

I’m not sure where to start this conversation.  Perhaps it’s worth a
discussion how Large Language Models (LLM) fit into X3D semantics, and how
we might do embedding of X3D (like Word2Vec, GloVe, Object2Vec, ChatGPT,
Bing, etc).

Essentially, how can “search engines” be queried with prompts in many
languages to produce X3D scenes, possibly with Blender code or better.

There’s are already great strides in building images, animations and
webpages with LLM.   NeRF is already building meshes with point clouds.
Recent research includes Text-to-4D (MAV3D), which includes not only a
moving mesh, but also a moving camera, and soon, multiple meshes might be
feasible.

Beyond simple scenes, how might entire worlds be constructed (No Man’s Sky)?

Indeed, one might ask if our SAI code examples and encodings might be fed
into something like GitHub Copilot or OpenAI Codex/InstructGPT.

Perhaps we could plan a discussion in the Scanning and Printing working
group?  Something like NeRF (Neural Radiance Fields) might be a good
starting point?

John