[x3d-public] HAnim LOA-4 Hierarchy joint and segment name audit - successful

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Feb 21 16:34:53 PST 2023

I performed a pen-and-paper audit between HAnim 4.9.6.4 LOA-4 hierarchy and
our X3DUOM-based list of autogenerated joint + segment names.  Photo
follows.  Took about an hour.

*	HAnim2 LOA4 Hierarchy from X3DUOM: Joint and Segment name pairs
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/HAnimLOA4HierarchyTable.txt

*	Authoritative reference: HAnim version 2, Part 1: Humanoid animation
(HAnim) architecture,
*	clause 4 Concepts, section 4.9.6.4 LOA-4 hierarchy
*
https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19774/V2.0/Architecture/conce
pts.html#Hierarchy4
*	clause 4 Concepts, Figure 4.7 -- LOA-4 joints
*
https://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19774/V2.0/Architecture/conce
pts.html#f-LOA4Joints

One flaw exists in specification diagram, as follows.  (I think the # sign
might have occurred when my head hit the keyboard, falling asleep.)

*	# : l_tarsal_proximal_phalanx_2 should be
*	l_metatarsophalangeal_2 :l_tarsal_proximal_phalanx_2

This problem is captured in following Mantis issue and awaits a future
revision.

*	Mantis 1344: 4.9.6.4 LOA-4 hierarchy table has an extraneous # sign
*	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1344

Everything looks good. So we can continue with confidence that all of our
corresponding X3D Schematron, X3DJSAIL (java) and X3DPSAIL (python)
diagnostics for joint and segment names are correct.

Have confident fun with X3D4 HAnim2 diagnostics!  8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman