[x3d-public] VRML grammar generator. Was: Re: [...] HAnim2 X3D4 BoxMan update: does ClassicVRML Grammar allows ROUTE in children?

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jan 5 16:54:58 PST 2023

Simple summary of ROUTE conversions:

a.	We will allow ROUTEs as children, as always intended.
b.	If the ClassicVRML Grammar indeed needs modification, we will define
that for Mantis and 2023 ClassicVRML revision.
c.	As soon as we reach consensus, we will ask converters to fix support
for ROUTEs.

Quality assurance (QA) efforts are all focused on XML and X3DUOM mappings to
different program languages. No need to autogenerate a ClassicVRML Grammar
that exists and has pretty-much worked for the past quarter century (since
1997).  If we figure out and confirm an improvement, then wow + bravo
everyone!!  If we determine that it is OK, we’ve learned more too.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https://
faculty.nps.edu/brutzman