[x3d-public] X3D Working Group agenda 13 JAN 2023: 2023 goals, ISO specification updates, X3D Node Inventory Comparison

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:57:42 PST 2023

I do realize the value of a JavaScript SAI library for C/C++/C#/Pascal/Java
browsers!

I don’t think X3DJSONLD.* is suited for this.   We can talk about a
separate product for generating something similar to x3d.py/X3DJSAIL in
JavaScript for a browser with a JavaScript engine.

When having discussions with C/C++ x3d browser engineers, it was decided
that a JSON to XML converter in a separate process would be a good first
step.  I have a prototype for that, in C++. Adopters welcome.

That is pretty much the niche i fit in.

There are also more converters, that take the DOM document from X3DJSONLD.*
and can render to a number of “encodings,” especially in batch fashion.
These converters might now be called SAI, I’ve not studied the standard.

The main input into X3DJSONLD is a JSON object.  The web page serves as an
NxM converter.

Please stop advertising X3DJSONLD as SAI.   What it can do is generate
Python, Java and JavaScript programs that use x3d.py and X3DJSAIL.

It’s in the name, X3D JSON LoaDer, more suitable for Inline use.

Sometimes I call X3DJSONLD the JSONParser.  This is similar to an XML DOM
parser.  DOM parsers produce DOM from XML.  My JSONParser produces DOM
documents from JavaScript from JSON.  The last part is done by regular JSON
parsers.

JSONParser.js is found in X_ITE and X3DOM, and is renamed and adapted from
X3DJSONLD.js

John