[x3d-public] How to post changes to X3D Node Inventory Comparison - X3D4 support updated and available

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jan 16 18:12:24 PST 2023

Doug, thanks for providing the list of X3D4 nodes for integration into

*	X3D Node Inventory Comparison
*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications
*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf
*	https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.xlsx

*	Updated. X3D Node Inventory Comparison (.pdf) shows node-by-node
implementation coverage of the X3D Abstract Specification: validation using
X3D Schema, X3D DOCTYPE, and X3D Schematron; X3D Tooltips and VRML97 node
sets; plus selected open-source implementations: FreeWrl, X3DOM, X_ITE,
view3dscene (Castle Game Engine), X3D-Edit, Xj3D.

Performed many related updates today, uploaded to Web3D site.  All X3D4 nodes
are highlighted in yellow.  Other resources to aid software builders
performing upgrades are the X3D Tooltips, which also provide a yellow backdrop
to fields as well as nodes revised in X3D4.

*	X3D 4.0 Tooltips
*	https://www.web3d.org/x3d/tooltips/X3dTooltips.html

Hopefully this helps with your FreeWRL efforts.  I also updated X_ITE, X3D
Schematron, X3D Ontology, X3DJSAIL, X3DPSAIL, and X3D-Edit status.  Further
spreadsheet updates (meaning further X3D4 progress!) are always welcome.

Next, for X3D community participants: here is a good volunteer opportunity for
someone.

A primary source for implementers will be draft X3D4 Architecture
specification itself, which is undergoing some small updates following the
recent ISO editors meeting.  The following annex needs sharp-eyed comparison
to ensure it is correct for version 4.0, which will help everyone for a long
long time.  (Also will speed along our ability to get final final final
document to ISO for public release.)

*	X3D4 Architecture, ISO Draft International Specification, Annex Z version
content
*
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-DIS/Part01/versionContent.html

Please advise if you are interested in this cross-reference inspection, thanks
for considering this opportunity to serve.

Have fun with X3D!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu

Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149

X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman