[x3d-public] Weird java compilation problem building X3DJSAIL. Waiting patiently. Zzz

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:25:16 PST 2023

I have not tested the X3DJSAIL build recently, it’s been over a week since
this was reported.

I was hoping we could get a buildable X3DJSAIL, sorry that I misused “it.”
 I do that a lot and strive to improve upon.  At this time, I don’t know
the status of X3DJSAIL.  I will assume I can rebuild safely.  I do know
that issue tickets (ala github) can improve communication.

To clarify:

I use X3DJSAIL’s DOM+validation code to validate JSON files in a java app
(Validat….java) would be more correct.   I cannot do that if the X3DJSAIL
jar doesn’t build; my build breaks if X3DJSAIL build breaks.   There’s no
JSON Schema involved.   I have moved my X3DJSAIL jar location in my
subversion repository to something  that doesn’t get deleted.  That means
my X3DJSAIL is disconnected from the standard build.  I know your goal is
to have a “client-facing” X3DJSAIL, such that you don’t have to support
X3DJSAIL builds by others.   I know I’m on the bleeding edge.   I will try
to step back and proceed with tickets on sourceforge.net.

As TextureProjector is new in X3D4, perhaps X3DJSAIL does not include it
yet?

Frankly, I’m hoping for something even better than JSON schema, I don’t
hold your same hope for JSON schema standards as you do.   I hope that
someone can come up with something like es6x3d to do validation of JSON
files.   Since we already have a python validator and a Java validator, a
JavaScript validator seems appropriate.   I apologize for taking us down
the JSON Schema path.   I thought it would provide security that
X3DJSONLD.js does not provide but Ajv does (don’t click ok).  I’ve even
implemented a JSON validator on my website.

As we’ve noted, Khronos has moved to standardize without a standard JSON
schema. We already know of tools like JSON parsers get us much of the way.

I believe full implementation of JavaScript SAI validation may be the
future.   There are at least 4 starting points to choose from.

John