[x3d-public] X3D minutes 17 MAR 2023: Web3D 2023 Conference Call for Participation CFP, X3D 4.0 editorial comments review

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 15:09:10 PDT 2023

I note that geoSystem uses MFString, and I feel that MFString encoding
syntax should be the same across all MFString fields in an encoding to
insure consistency and reliability of browser and converter
implementations.   I’m less sure of the need to require consistency and
reliability between different encodings.

Thanks for your wordsmithing, Nicholas.  Note that changing status quo will
require changes to X3DOM, X_ITE and X3DJSONLD.

X3DJSONLD may end up being a relic, but I’m guessing implementations in
X3DOM and X_ITE will carry on.

While we can work on these decisions one MFString at a time, wouldn’t it be
better to group them together?

Thanks!

John