[x3d-public] X3D minutes 17 MAR 2023: Web3D 2023 Conference Call for Participation CFP, X3D 4.0 editorial comments review

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 16:36:44 PDT 2023

Here is a  generated JSON file
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/GeoSpatial/A5_GeoOrigin.json

That shows different encodings of 2 different MFString fields.   See
NavigationInfo. at type and geoSystem.

I don’t believe there is any problem with XML or ClassicVRML.

So we can do all the work in the JSON encoding  or in X3D4.1 or beyond.  I
don’t mind kicking as far down the line as you like!

I’m not really concerned about this since I’ve implemented patches, I’m
just concerned about wording in an abstract encoding forcing a string
encoding instead of using arrays native to an encoding.   That is, choosing
XML encoding of an array field instead of a non-XML encoding.   We should
be consistent for all MFStrings in an encoding.   One can be more liberal
with types when one is dealing with a binding.

But yeah, arrays in a string is fine with me, just seems like a lot of work.

John