[x3d-public] Need for colorspaceConversion field in ImageTexture, glTF compatibility

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:26:32 PDT 2023

Coming back to color profiles potentially embedded in some important
image formats, I added a colorSpaceConversion field to ImageTexture in
x3dom:

https://andreasplesch.github.io/x3dom/dist/doc/author/Texturing/ImageTexture.html

It is by default true for normal X3D use and can be false for loading
glTF textures correctly:

https://andreasplesch.github.io/Library/Viewer/index.html?url=https://gist.githubusercontent.com/andreasplesch/817bc44089a7b7545149cf12acdd7c86/raw/75242ebfea03048d0f4939e1656c5063c9544d11/TextureEncodingTest.x3d

It is trivial to change the field name if there are other suggestions.

-Andreas