[x3d-public] Progress! Thanks!

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:21:47 PST 2024

Lots of progress! Thanks to Michalis (for CGE GLSL help, not shown, but
influenced sunrize/X_ITE and FreeWRL shader upgrades, didn't quite fit in
using rfac in the fwball.x3d fragment shader, dang!) and Holger (for
sunrize/X_ITE JS MFVec3f help).

https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/personal.html

1/3 of the scenes left to go!

I think I said the same thing in the next two paragraphs.

Note:  in FreeWRL ...array (array spread) does not apparently work for
MFVec3f constructors if []'s are explicitly given in the constructor after
the spread operator, either in spidermonkey or duktape.  So I'll have to go
with using Script <field> JavaScript variable names instead of
passing anything to the MFVec3f constructor or use a temporary variable for
the left-hand side of a zero parameter MFVec3f constructor expression *for
cross platform compatibility.*

Rule:  use a zero parameter constructor for multiple value MF field type
constructors (does work most of the time AFAIK, maybe not with
MFInt32/SFInt32 or lots of SFVec3f used to fill the MFVec3f), or use Script
<field> and no constructor. I would say the latter is the most reliable, it
just may expose your Script to meddling, so accessType outputOnly is
probably preferred.

Another rule is you  can use [] in MFVec3f constructors in FreeWRL, and
...[] in MFVec3f constructors in sunrize.  But not in both.

Excellent! Now to solve more problems and hopefully not create more.