[x3d-public] First light...ROUTEs (weights?) into Blender. Animated too! Had to use .wrl. XML does not provide.

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat May 4 12:22:45 PDT 2024

> It looks like a potential way to animate bones.

Hey, you don't care about the freakin bones.
If that tool will do bones then it will do joints.
Bone orientation is same as joint rotation when rigged right.
Forget bones, the joints are what runs the model and
when bones are at highest level, then you have to compute joint centers anyway.
  So, forget bones and just think about joints and the bones will take care of themselves.

All it is is just sets of transforms.
Hierarchy is Joint, Segment, Site not Bone, whatever.
Joe