[x3d-public] New major release 5.0.0 of Castle Model Viewer (formerly view3dscene) and Castle Model Converter (formerly tovrmlx3d)

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri May 24 09:54:09 PDT 2024

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:09 AM Michalis Kamburelis via x3d-public <
x3d-public at web3d.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're proud to announce the new major release (5.0.0) of Castle Model
> Viewer and Castle Model Converter!

I am a very happy user of Castle Model Viewer!   Thanks for your hard work!

Any size optimization of X3D HAnim output from glTF input using Castle
Model Converter would be welcome.  Perhaps and optimization flag could be
added?  Is there one?  I see that one can reduce the number digits in
floating point numbers…how about work to reduce name and DEF length,
perhaps using a hash function or a name generator?  I realize I need work
on this myself!  Adding _2 , _3, etc. is a great start, I need to check out
what you’ve done there.

If I could have ROUTEs with source/destination of an object for the to/from
node *and* the to/from field as a string, great!  Or perhaps just a Pascal
example that shows how to construct that field event thingy from a string,
terrific!  I’m basically complaining that I don’t have a way to specify a
DEF in my Pascal code for the purposes of routing.  Not having a DEF means
there’s no good way to set up a string based ROUTE.  There may be other
ways to do it.

Thanks for your efforts!  I’ve done the Patreon thing, and encourage others
to do so.

A very happy user!

John