[Korea-chapter] [h-anim] Use Cases for consideration

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 12 13:19:17 PDT 2013

> - stable prior work

-- skeleton hierarchy
-- naming and nominal locations for joints
-- naming and nominal lengths for segments
-- keyframe interpolation realtime animation of skeleton
-- bindings for mesh animation of geometry
-- naming and nominal location of surface sites for
end-effectors and instrumentation
-- skeleton complexity defined by Level of Articulation (LOA0,1,2,3)
-- naming of selected surface feature points.
-- VRML User Code examples for each LOA
showing normative Joint, Segment, Site hierarchies

> - achievable current work

-- current hanim LOA VRML examples to X3D.
-- extend number of defined skeleton+skin feature points
with nominal location in nominal skeleton space
-- compose single-mesh skin(s) from surface feature points
-- define nominal Joint to geometry bindings
(index and weight) for continious-mesh animation
-- define nominal geometry/skin bindings for selected Displacer
animation
-- Update X3D HAnim user code examples to include skin
** Completes "hanim1" represented by current
X3D and H-Anim standards.**

> - important but deferred future work

-- Harmony with commercial and research
motion modeling/blending/capture/prediction/analysis
(nominal skeleton hierarchy along with
nominal continious-mesh skin
provides normative basis for this harmony)
-- X3D Solid Body Physics
-- Improve modeling of different human Joint Types
-- Collect best:
* physics, haptics, tactile,
* sensors, actuators, effectors, muscles, event processing,
* motion modeling/blending/capture/prediction/analysis,
* quaternions, tensors,
* instrumentation, medical component integration,
* simulation, emulation,
* all best practice biospatial database candidates

Thanks for All,
Joe
attachment hanim