[Korea-chapter] [X3D] Jan 2013 H-Anim Teleconference minutes

Myeong Won Lee myeongwonlee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 23:27:26 PST 2013

Thank you for the H-Anim WG minutes, William.
We discussed also the following responsible persons for all the items.
Please review this, and then add other persons appropriate for each
standardization item.
=============
1) Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion
from captured motion data ==> Myeong/Joe
2) Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion
using 3D scanner data ==> Myeong/William
3) Definition of a humanoid character model capable of generating motion
using a general motion definition such as keyframe, interpolation,
kinematics, and dynamics for human figures ==> Myeong/Joe
 4) Definition of motion parameters for transferring or exchanging motion
between different human character models ==> Myeong/Dick
5) Definition of a motion data interface for including motion data ==>
Myeong/Dick
 6) Definition of a motion viewer’s functionality ==> Myeong/Joe
7) Definition of interoperable human behavior prototypes  ==> Don/William
8) Definition of a 3D skinning interface ==> Joe
9) Definition of a recording interface for human motion such as gait  ==>
Don/William
 10) Provision for easier exchange of characters from design systems to
H-Anim systems. ==> Myeong/Joe
=============
Sincerely,

Myeong

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM, <eosocxo at comcast.net> wrote:

> Myeong Won Lee (Chair), Dick Puk, Joe Williams and William Glascoe
> (Co-Chair) teleconferenced from 2000 - 2230 hrs Eastern, Thursday, 03 Jan
> 2013
>
> Myeong discussed her group's content creation process. They use the
> skelton and skin together in their process.
>

> Joe described how a couple of the H-Anim specification nodes (skin coord
> index and skin coord weight) worked. We referenced a H-Anim file Joe
> provided with a lot of vertices in the skin that are all are bounded to a
> joint that uses a displacer for moving skin independent of joint motion.
>

> Joe discussed the Level of Articulation 3 (LOA3) skelton's joints
> movement and its design rationale. We referred to the skin animation in the
> same H-Anim file he provided (the running human) to illustrate his points
> about joint translation and rotation.
>

> Joe discussed which nodes his used in the H-Anim file we referenced. He
> shared his observations of others' H-Anim files where their skin wasn't
> built in skelton space. They were built in "skin space". Joe reminded us
> the skin that Sandy Ressler built is 40 times larger than a normal adult
> (i.e., an 80-meter tall human). There are 30,000 vertices used in that
> character--too many to connect. The only way to use it is to bind to the
> joints some how.
>
> Binding textured geometry to the segments. But we want a realistic moving
> skin. In the skin node, ...face set... Most of these are called "skull
> tip".
>
> That other skelton is approximate 1.77 meters tall. Joe thinks it's
> important to build a skin in skelton space to avoid a lot of
> transformations.
>
> If Joe's skin points correspond to his feature points then he has a
> realistic character.
>

> Joe's approach is close to MoCap. Some of the MoCap he has seen  doesn't
> worry about the skin. Authors create the skelton and put any skin on it
> they want.
>

> Willian discussed his relationship with Roger Nelson of motionwerx and
> suggested Roger and Joe has a conversation about our NWIP.
>

> We assigned members to the NWIP line items and discussed our strategy for
> soliciting Best Practices from technical sources.
>

> The meeting adjourned at 2230.

Myeong Won Lee
College of IT, U. of Suwon
Hwasung-si, Gyeonggi-do, 445-743 Korea