[Korea-chapter] [h-anim] composable behaviors, animations, sequencers

Myeong Won Lee myeongwonlee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 06:27:43 PDT 2013

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your comments.

Our 10 example X3D H-Anim characters were first designed with 3ds MAX then
converted from WRL files to X3D files. Our method for their design can be
applied using many other tools in the same manner, as long as those tools
support WRL files. Our viewer includes the conversion function, wrl-to-x3d
(hanim).

The X3D files are readable text files.
X3D validation for all the X3D files was completed a while ago, as I
presented them at previous Korea chapter meetings, as well as at SC24
meetings.

The 10 characters can also be displayed in the BS Contact viewer.
However, X3D-Edit does not display the characters correctly (it displays
just a black scene).
We are testing if the 10 characters can be animated using the same
interpolators as used for Allen and Nancy.
However, it is not easy and very complex to apply those interpolators to
other character models, including ours.
This is our dilemma, but we must  figure out how to apply the interpolators
of one character to other characters.

I am looking over the work that you and Don have done recently by going
through the emails.
Thank you for sending all the information.
I will ask questions later if there are problems to discuss.

Sincerely,

Myeong

E-mail) mwlee at suwon.ac.kr