[semantics-public] John’s New Focus: bvh in “MineCraft”

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 00:52:21 PDT 2022

Understood keyframes, Joe.   I’m looking for a way to convert video to
HAnim otherwise.  My hope is to shift dancers each time through the reel,
but merely shift skin, and do the same animation.

I am targeting DanceWriting.org notation, not necessarily HAnim.  I think I
will need LOA4, to get toe positioning and to produce video from DW.

I’m looking for support to fill in the LOA4 skeleton.   I know we’ve
stopped and started several times.   If we’re going to measure someone’s
body, I’m 6’8”, 329lbs—not exactly a standards candidate.   I’ll have to
probably use a skeleton editing software to edit the skeleton, unless I
edit txt and HTML files.   I’m not quite sure how to measure segments and
joints on people to get physical values.

I understand we can use scaling techniques, but first I think we have to
guess some values to plug in, if not the defaults.

I’ve recently looked at a BVH file.   One of the only ones that referred to
Dance, search filetype:bvh dance on Google.

As far as additional software, I will check X3D resources soon.

My understanding at this point is the LOA4 skeleton needs to be filled out.
  Where I was before was hooking hands and feet to the rest of skeleton.

I am willing to work with your hierarchy now, to produce user code.  My
understanding is that X3DUOM has the full hierarchy, possibly minus
measurements?   Should I be working with X3DUOM?

How does one craft an animation in MineCraft?

Thanks,

John