[Source] problem with jgeom build, java3d dependency

Justin Couch justin at vlc.com.au
Thu Nov 28 23:53:59 PST 2013

On 29/11/2013 6:19 am, Alan Hudson wrote:
> I assume some day JOGL will stop working but at least for
> me changing over Xj3D's rendering system is not a priority.

Apart from the vecmath issue, this should be relatively painless. Xj3D
basically tries to avoid using JOGL directly and hands that off to AV3D
to manage. The little bit it does is for the canvas setup, which I've
mostly removed in 3.0. The only other functional change I've done
internally is that all matrices are double precision rather than single
precision previously.

What I would see as an impact is just getting those JOGL files from
somewhere different. For those using JNLP (if there's anyone left!),
just point to JOGAMP's servers instead.

Architecturally, not much has changed for AV3D 3.0. Build system is now
maven so that it can fit in that environment (snapshots are available
from sonatype, no release versions yet until I get the RTT stuff
sorted). Otherwise, more of the same for now, just with a supported
rendering API (ie, I've been using a mac for the past year and annoyed
that JOGL 1.0 doesn't work on it at all....)

--
Justin Couch                                 http://www.vlc.com.au/
Java 3D Graphics Information                    http://www.j3d.org/