[X3D-Public] x3dom announcment

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Nov 6 07:22:29 PST 2009

Hi Johannes,

I feel like this may be what many of us were hoping for to happen.
Basically a way to integrate 3d content into html-world, but without
being limited, staying with x3d in the back and as an option to use
native x3d players when needed.

Is there any info on how to actually start using this? I browsed through
the pages some time ago, but could not find how to start. The examples
all opened in some flash windows, so the underlying source was not
visible. Do I need some kind of a javascript library, or is it really
purely a technology how to leverage on the built-in 3d interface of the
browser?

Cheers, Lars.