[X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Thu Sep 2 06:35:19 PDT 2010

Will have a closer look at Discrete Event Simulation.
 At the moment I'm evaluating
- Simulink http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink/ with psudo real time modules ( custom made ).
      Can be used as a RT and HID ( Human/Hardware In the loop Device ) extension in in CarSim http://www.carsim.com/ and AspenPlus http://www.aspentech.com .
- Alogoryx AgX http://www.algoryx.se/products.html with a demo at
- OpenModelica http://www.openmodelica.org/   / Dymola http://www.3ds.com/products/catia/portfolio/dymola
- or a combination of Python toolboxes like XMPP for Python http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/ , PyGame http://www.pygame.org/news.html  TwistedPython http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ ( for RT and event handling ), and so on.

All of these programs / tollboxes can be build with interface to XMPP/ Jabber protocol.

Just have to keep in mind that there are probably different looptime in X3D-browser depending on CPU performance and simulation engines so the transfere of states has do be done in asyncron mode. Secondy specially Simulink are not made to run in RT mode but can be forced to run in PseudoRT mode, same for OpenModelica.

 /Sven-Erik