[X3D-Public] HTML inside X3D or X3D inside HTML. Layout help!

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jan 1 15:52:09 PST 2011

This capability and also SvgTexture have been proposed for X3D v3.3.
Feedback welcome.

 From the Web3D member wiki:

http://www.web3d.org/membership/login/memberwiki/index.php/X3D_v3.3_Specification_Changes#SvgTexture_node

http://www.web3d.org/membership/login/memberwiki/index.php/X3D_v3.3_Specification_Changes#Other_texture_types

> Other texture types
>
> Consider HtmlTexture/BrowserTexture
>
>     * Vivaty HtmlTexture
>     * Fraunhofer BrowserTexture
>
> Consider pros and cons of generalizing these various texture extensions
>
>     * does image size need to be retrievable somehow? perhaps an SAI call or an outputOnly event?
>     * such features can be independently provided as images via a server
>     * usability of an HTML page usually suffers if text is not crisply rendered for easy reading and interaction
>     * should interactivity be preserved?
>     * Which profile?

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman