[X3D-Public] Fwd: Re: [X3D] X3D HTML5 meeting discussions:Declarative 3D interest group at W3C

Chris Marrin chris at marrin.com
Thu Jan 6 11:42:09 PST 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 3:14 AM, Johannes Behr wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> impede development. Wouldn't you agree to say that, if all
>> involved worked on the same system, the output would
>> benefit?
>
> I agree. We should join forces. This is one reason why we
> start this incubator group.

But an incubator group has not been started from what I can see on the W3C site. I've asked several times about this without a response. I cannot stress enough the importance of carrying on this conversation inside an XG. I've seen a charter from Kristian Sons, but no other XG related activity. Has a chair been selected? Do you have the 3 W3C Members required to start an XG?

Commencing this effort in an XG gives it visibility to the W3C membership, which can lend expertise in integrating this work into the rest of the W3C activities. It also gives you a path to the W3D Recommendation Track, which is where proposals become standards.

For more info go here:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/#About

and here:

	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/how-to.html