[X3D-Public] When will see Kinect + X3D input? Soon? Here's Kinect + World of Warcraft

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Fri Nov 18 09:46:32 PST 2011

Hi

Some additional questions/thoughts............

Opinion: The following sentence is true for any Web3D browser and any
              multiuser system:
   In any X3D/VRML multiuser session with M users and N instances of a
   Web3D browser, each (pilot) user controls one pilot avatar and N-1
follower avatars.

Question#1: Can we think of situations, where the pilot avatar and the user
do
not share the same instance of the Web3D Browser, but use different
instances?

Question#2: How far is the interface between user and his pilot avatar
standardized? Do exist de facto standards?

Question#3: How far is the interface between pilot avatar and his followers
standardized? Do exist de facto standards?

Question#4: Could anybody recommend authoring tools for X3D/VRML avatars?
            (pricing according to hobby use cases, it should be
flexible and
             extensible, fitting to any Web3D browser, best
would be open source)

Thanks for your help........

Christoph