[X3D-Public] X3D-Edit notes, was got MultiTexture and MultiTextureTransform example scenes?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Apr 30 14:53:40 PDT 2013

cc: x3d-edit developers list

On 4/27/2013 1:30 PM, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Two notes concerning x3d-edit:
>
> Don Brutzman wrote:
>> Another X3D-Edit feature: right click within scene, can launch to all
>> browsers you have installed.
>> Configuration screen for player preferences is provided (with latest
>> defaults kept up to date).
>>
>> https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/images/OptionsX3dViewersSelectFromScene.png

many thanks for your review and comments Michalis.

> 1. Is the name "Kambi game engine view3dscene" (visible in screenshot
> linked above) hardcoded in X3D-Edit sources? I'm guessing it's a custom
> option in your configuration :), but just in case it is coded in
> X3D-Edit, it should be updated to "view3dscene" or "view3dscene player"
> or "view3dscene (Castle Game Engine) player".
>
> We have renamed "Kambi VRML game engine" to "Castle Game Engine" some
> time ago
> (http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?id=2011-8-22-engine_rename_to__castle_game_engine__soon__development_news__some_important_fixes___improvements__many_api_improvements
> ).

I've added view3dscene as a built-in supported player.  X3D-Edit updated
and deployed.

If there are default values for the installation paths on MacOSX or
Linux that you might recommend, am happy to add them into the
configuration file.  I listed a (likely) configuration path for Windows
(XP or 64) as

C:\Program Files (x86)\view3dscene\view3dscene.exe

> 2. The SVN links on X3D-Edit page on https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit/
> should be updated, following recent move to SourceForge 2.0/Allura. Old
> addresses https://x3d.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/... should be updated
> to point to svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/x3d/...

Thanks for pointing this out.  Now fixed.

https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/X3dEdit3.3/

> Although I don't know where is X3D-Edit 3.3, as
> https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/tools/
> shows only X3dEdit3.1 and X3dEdit3.2.

Also fixed... I migrated the codebase from 3.2 to 3.3 some time ago, and
today renamed the subversion directories to reflect that.

Available at

	https://savage.nps.edu/X3D-Edit