[X3D-Public] Touch interface and X3D players

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 05:19:32 PDT 2014

Dave, Dirk,
Multitouch could be used for navigation and some touchsensors. For example a planesensor could be extended to output a (planar) rotation and scale, and 2+ touch sensors could emit events on the same timestamp.
-Doug
more..
Freewrlians working on Android and ios reported using 2 finger touches for navigation effects such as zoom and rotating the viewpoint. Internals of freewrl relating to touchsensors currently assume a single pointing device / pick ray so would need to be refactored to allow multi-touches/multiple pick rays on the same touchsensor, not to mention the standards non-conformance of the touchsensor nodes once extended to emit more varied motion events. Multiple sensors emitting events on the same timestamp requires no change to the node specs.