[x3d-public] Nodes for V4

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Fri Aug 26 19:39:02 PDT 2016

For the last year I have been working on advancing X3D to be
standardized in HTML5/DOM environment and support mobile and VR. I have
just completed alpha work on the Macro node. This node provides the
static definition capabilities of PROTO in an HTML5 environment. It can
perform string substitution (name/value pairs) on X3D code stored
externally. The node documentation is at
http://tools.realism.com/specification/x3d-v40/abstract-specification/changes-additions-x3d-v33/macro.

I will continue to get to at least alpha stage (basic functional
implemented and working) for all nodes I discussed during my
presentations at Web3D2016 & SIGGRAPH. The presentation is online at
http://realism.com/presentations/188?title=Extending-X3DOM-to-Mobile.

All of the code is up on Github at https://github.com/DrX3D/x3dv4 with
testing code.

I am interested in any bugs that are found or new/revised direction for
the nodes. I am completely open to anyone who would like to help code.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems Architect