[x3d-public] summary of remaining JSON parse errors

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:44:41 PST 2016

Results.

examples//Basic/development/ProxyShapeExample.json

 It looks like you’re \ escaping a \ in front of a “ (double quote) which is probably bad.  This preamble in a string is bad because you’re not quoting the “:  "\t\t 'string [ \\"proxy is\\”

The double quote after the tab is bad.  You should escape a \ in front of a single quote I think, to make it \\', since \’ is bad. And you should escape standalone double quotes.   \” should be left alone?  I am not sure.  Sorry for any confusion.

examples//Basic/development/SchemaTest.json
[Error: Parse error on line 71:
... at translation":[10000.e-1,50,0.5],
-----------------------^
Expecting 'EOF', '}', ',', ']', got 'undefined’]

Remove decimal point.

These files still have issues with metadata:

examples//Savage/Robots/UnmannedAirVehicles/ScanEagle.json
[Error: Parse error on line 173:
...                    { "MetadataString":
-----------------------^
Expecting 'STRING', got '{']
examples//Savage/Robots/UnmannedAirVehicles/SeaScan.json
[Error: Parse error on line 144:
...                    { "MetadataString":
-----------------------^
Expecting 'STRING', got '{']
examples//Savage/Robots/UnmannedSurfaceVehicles/SeaFox.json
[Error: Parse error on line 173:
...                    { "MetadataString":
-----------------------^
Expecting 'STRING', got '{']
examples//Savage/Robots/UnmannedSurfaceVehicles/SeaFoxOriginal.json
[Error: Parse error on line 151:
...                    { "MetadataString":
Expecting 'STRING', got '{']
examples//Savage/ShipsMilitary/FFG-7OliverHazardPerry-UnitedStates/OliverHazardPerryFFG.json
[Error: Parse error on line 215:
...                    { "MetadataString":
Expecting 'STRING', got '{']