[x3d-public] loading X3D DOM. Latest Cobweb techniques?

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:23:21 PST 2016

What are the latest techniques for loading X3D into Cobweb with JavaScript?  Here’s what I have as of cobweb 2.3.  “element” is the top-level X3D DOM element.  “content” is the X3D document.  If I use both of these on a page, will it choose one canvas, or if I call both, will two renderings take place on the same canvas?  How do I get Cobweb to render to 2 canvases?  How do I get Cobweb to render to a particular canvas? Through an iFrame?  Say I want to compare rendering DOM versus rendering XML.

In otherwords, how do I get “Leipzig, 21. October 2016: We finally released version 2.3 now. This version fixes an issue of the context menu for multiple <X3DCanvas> elements, ie. multiple browsers on one web page are now officially supported” on the cobweb page working?”
Thanks,

John

        function loadCobwebXML(content) {
                X3D(function(el) {
                        var browser = X3D.getBrowser(el);
                        browser.replaceWorld(browser.createX3DFromString(content));
                });
        }

        function loadCobwebDOM(element) {
                X3D(function(el) {
                        var browser = X3D.getBrowser(el);
                        var importedScene = browser.importDocument(element);
                        browser.replaceWorld(importedScene);
                });
        }