[x3d-public] view3dscene cannot open file in c:/Users/... (was: MFString quoting)

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at kshell.com
Thu Apr 27 05:00:16 PDT 2017

I often have this suspicion when there are issues with windows filepaths in software that operates across several platforms -- is there an issue
with the "\" escaping as it is applied to strings in C-based languages. Specifically, in your case, C:\Users\don\Desktop\test_mfstring_quotes.x3d ,
is the \t pair being interpreted as a single tab (ascii 9) character. . Quick test, rename your file to C:\Users\don\Desktop\kest_mfstring_quotes.x3d

Vince Marchetti