[x3d-public] Problem with NurbsPrototypes.x3d. Group.addChildren in a route with X3DJSAIL.

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun May 21 00:48:37 PDT 2017

On 5/15/2017 6:35 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/NURBS/NurbsPrototypes.x3d
>
> It mentions “coordinate” as a nodeField and a toField.  I believe it should be “coord”.

good catch, fixed.

> It says “Under development.”  Perhaps this will help fix it.

that helped.  lots more work in that scene, but may not be needed as NURBS nodes are implemented more widely.

> Thanks to X3DJSAIL.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> These use  Group.addChildren in a ROUTE, I think:
>
> www_web3d_org.x3d.content.examples.Basic.DistributedInteractiveSimulation.AutomatedEntityGeometryCreator
>
> www_web3d_org.x3d.content.examples.Basic.DistributedInteractiveSimulation.DISEntityPrototypes
>
> www_web3d_org.x3d.content.examples.Basic.DistributedInteractiveSimulation.UserScriptedEntityGeometryCreator
>
> I don’t believe Group.addChildren is acceptable to X3DJSAIL yet in a ROUTE yet.

excellent diagnoses.  have added getFieldType and getAccessType for all inputOnly and outputOnly fields, including addChildren and removeChildren.

also took care of some missing internal setParent calls.

still some hiccups with nested prototypes DISEntityPrototypes - will save for another day when fuller testing possible.  otherwise all working (or at least responding) satisfactorily.

> The following is under development as well:
>
> x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Followers/DoorDesired.x3d
>
> There’s a ProtoInstance with no ProtoDeclare or ExternProtoDeclare, thus fields can’t be looked up in the proto declaration.

yes, must have been leftover from an old version.  original .x3d scene upgraded to native node <OrientationChaser DEF='DmpODoor' duration='1.3'/> and the java works now.