[x3d-public] ideal points in IndexedFaceSet

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:42:04 PST 2018

Andrey,
I've never tried it - using a homogenous coordinate with w = 0.- is that
what you mean?
After projection, don't we divide by w? ie x=x/w, y=y/w. Somewhere. Does
the shader do that automatically? Isn't dividing by zero a problem?
But if it works, then I think you would start by designing a new node type
- CoordinateH node lets say- derived from X3DCoordinateNode, and it would
have MFVec4f point field.
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/rendering.html#Coordinate
Then web3d browsers internally would need to check if its a CoordinateH
node and if so do a bit different math.
Not sure what the math would be or where it would take place.
How do you do it?
-Doug
more..
I would love to have one of those quad cameras. I come from photogrammetry
and machine vision, and want to get back into it this year. If I find an
application that pays.