[x3d-public] List of X3D problems or missing features, from the point of view of Michalis and Castle Game Engine

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 12:23:53 PST 2018

PUBLIC DOMAIN IDEAS >>>
OK. Any hypotheses for the remaining issues holdup / slow progress?
-Doug
more..
H0: general committee capacity / not enough committees or committee members
H1: need to rotate in committee members who are interested in specific
issues, to drive them over the finish line
H2: unsolvable problems specific to each issue
Example: For blending, what would the x3d syntax look like if I want no
blending? Or 50/50?
One problem: how to make the old fashioned no-blend the default. Lets give
that design principle a name. How about New Defaults Preserve Old Ways.
How about
Material {
SFFloat blendWithTexture 0 [0-1]
}
with 1 meaning "use material, except for texture transparency, if/when
texture loads." and 0 meaning texture over-rides material 100% - the old
way.

Or do you have the syntax and semantics worked out already? If so what does
it look like? And does it meet all design principles stated by web3d.org on
their design principles page?
H3: web3d is missing a design principles page, leading to long decision
making processes.

<<PUBLIC DOMAIN IDEAS