[x3d-public] [Semantics] Metamorphical Semantics [was: Transformational Semantics]

GL info at 3dnetproductions.com
Sun Jun 16 00:07:15 PDT 2019

If that can be useful, at Office Towers we use the following, which are hand-waving and body gestures derived from the old Avatar Studio as it relates to avatars.

Hello

Like

Agree

Laugh

Dance

Frown

No

Not

Bye

Sit

Objects also have similar attributes like 'door' [open, close] as you suggested, and others such as 'elevator' [up, down], or 'vehicle' [drive, reverse, turn, stop], etc.

Let's not forget all the DIS' Protocol Data Units (PDU) highly specialized action types that could also be included:

http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman/vrtp/mil/navy/nps/disEnumerations/JdbeHtmlFiles/pdu/

The list could get very long and implementation has largely been left to developers. I'm not sure how to standardize it without standardizing the actual gesture/motion/action too. And that's without giving any consideration to mocaps. Do you have ideas how that could work?

GL