[x3d-public] GitHub issue tracker, JS accessor methods for X3DUOM

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 13:59:17 PDT 2019

Michalis, can you suggest a issue tracker, perhaps first a “fake” repository on GitHub where we can track issues, without a transfer of code from sourceforge? I suggest an “official” issue tracker where we can attach source code (have attachments been fixed in Mantis?) would  be desirable.   Can we sign x3d-public email address up to receive issue postings from GitHub?  It’s fine with me if we use my x3dpsail repository initially.

Don or Andreas, if you can suggest a fairly self-contained set of JS function signatures to hide the access to X3DUOM from my serializers, so I no longer have to pass mapToMethod and fieldTypes around to all my serializers—provide JS accessors to a cached X3DUOM perhaps, I  would be most appreciative. Let’s call that the superclass of all my serializers. We will have to add mapToMethod2.js to the functions, I think, but at least it will be more self-contained. My www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/java/src/python/pythonapi/{fieldTypes*, map*} found on sourceforge are the most up-to-date.  Let’s start creating some JS which will mine X3DUOM, instead of creating python JSON “Generator” programs (don’t change the packageGenerator.py yet, we want that one in python) all over the place, perhaps in preparation for a JS SAI.   We should use the 4.0 version of the X3DUOM, I believe.

I don’t really know why I chose python over JS.   Because someone recommended Beautiful Soup for parsing HTML? Perhaps I had a potential Python programmer who didn’t like Java* and I wanted him to do it?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I hope with your help, we can get this resolved. It’s been off my radar for a long time.

Mr. Prototyper  “If someone finds fault with your code, delete it” Carlson

Sent from Mail for Windows 10