[x3d-public] Discussions of JSON schema: ProtoInstance USE without name

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 07:05:00 PST 2020

Please provide test cases.  I think we will have these 3 subschemas (choose
one):

@USE required, (no other fields allowed)
@name required && @USE required (no other fields allowed)
@name required @USE not allowed (other fields allowed)
Other options not allowed (must have @USE or @name).  Generally, we will
match just one of the subschemas. @containerField is not in JSON.

Does this apply for ProtoInstance and all other nodes with @name field, or
just ProtoInstance?

Let's work through this logically.

I'm assuming at some point you will be creating a stylesheet for generating
schema, or perhaps preferably, validation code.

I think I'm going to wait for draft 8 until Ajv catches up, ns.  I think
Ajv 7 may still be in beta.  There's a promising JavaScript validator that
might be used instead, but it looks like it may require major changes to
code, ns.

Thanks,

John