[x3d-public] 0001239: NavigationInfo avatarSize type should be SFVec3f rather than MFFloat - Web3D MantisBT

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Dec 16 01:56:29 PST 2020

Thanks.  Everything is now locked for a member vote, but we are allowed to issue comments against it via mantis.

It would be good to have feedback from other browser implementers regarding the perceived complexity of this improvement.

We would also have to consider compatibility of content in prior versions of VRML and X3D.  This didn't quite rise above threshold of acceptance last time we considered it.

Addition of near/far clipping plane and a contained navigationInfo field altogether in X3DViewpoint node reduces a lot of pressure for further splitting.

Recommended choices to consider:
a. SFVec3F avatarSize for correct typing (minimalist, no affect on content)
b. splitting subfields as modifiable parameters (more animatable, perhaps no longer needed)