[x3d-public] pull request

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:10:32 PDT 2021

No harm done.   We can discuss changes to c/c++/c# SAI.   We need a place
where members and invited guests can discuss such things (X3D-public)   I
don’t know if anyone has comments, I did have some initial comments, and
most if not all were addressed.

So sure, let’s discuss c/C++/c# SAI (recent changes).   Where should people
go for the working draft that Myeong prepared?

Frankly, based on my emotional state, the less time I spend on GitHub, the
better.   I will likely remove all traces of
https://GitHub.com/coderextreme/X3D soon…

You suggested reporting issues on GitHub at one point.  It’s difficult to
report issues on documents only in Google drive or local disks.

So I guess we’re reduced to quoting sections on X3D-public?   How do we
know which version people are referring to?

I know it’s hard to find diffs on GitHub.   I know they are there.  I
suggest clicking on the title of a commit, if you can find the commit.   It
looks like Microsoft made it quite difficult compared to other versions of
GitHub.

I have added the C/C++/c# Examples under …/x3d/languages on sourceforge.
But I probably haven’t committed.  This is available to everyone.   There
should be an Examples folder under each language.   Perhaps these examples
can serve as a “Hello, World”?

As I can’t focus/attend well enough, I will pass on further document
review, and pass it to people who are interested in c/c++/c#.   If someone
wants me to run some tests or develop test code, I think I can do that.   I
would prefer remaining a QA generalist/polyglot, but I can spend some time
converting HAnim JSON to STL and back, as converting enhances my current
portfolio.   I would like to discuss which HAnim nodes have transforms with
Joe, but that’s easy enough to figure out on my own as well.

John