[x3d-public] Web3D/X3D zoom channel

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Thu Feb 11 16:54:10 PST 2021

All,

If I had a vote, then I would second that (see the mails below), with a few additional considerations and suggestions:

1) If you get it for free, then you are the ware

We must be crystal clear in what we expect from the people, who meet at our place.
Do we want to spy them?
Do we want to lay out bait for the most talented, whom we want to hi-jack?
Do we want to make something "good for all"? Then we have to make sure, that "all" will pay.

2) If it is a good thing and if it will hence be adopted by many, then the server costs will explode soon.

3) Please tell me, if I am too intrusive or if am exceeding my competence, but I have got a concrete proposal.

3.a.) I assume: The Web3D Consortium will not accept the scope """anyone that wants to talk""" (e.g. if he/she is interested in proprietary technology, in old-fashioned monolithic solutions or similar things not in consortium's scope) for ressources it has to pay for

If this assumption (3.a.) is wrong ---> the mail is closed, thank you for reading up to this point. No more issues

If assumption (3.a.) is right ----> continue reading

3.b.) Last summer I had the idea for a "Lost Children Society for Lifelong Collaborating"

3.c.) That society is currently existing in a pending state.

3.d.) An experimental homepage exists at https://lc-soc-lc.or.at

The Charta:

The Society for Lifelong Collaborating shall

WHAT: support any ethically valueful kind of collaborating, preferably lifelong collaborating
WHY: in order to bring some relief to the disaster of children's loss
HOW: be a non-profit organization that pays well for their dedicated resources
WITH WHOM: be open to any ethically valueful kind of belief or religion

AREAS OF INTEREST

The Society for Lifelong Collaborating is interested in following topics:

Organizing Private Life
   Religious Orders
   Marriage / Cohabitation
   Patchwork Families
   Communes
   and so on
Organizing Collaborating on a level of Purpose
   Communities / Societies / Organisations
   Consortia
   Employment Relationships
   Task Forces
   and so on
Collaborating Tools
   Virtual Collaborating vs. Physical Collaborating
   Time and Space of Collaborating (our "here and now")
   and so on

3.e.) For the time being, the society is not yet officially founded, but I have rented a few ressources, which I am sharing with the society as "common ressources" as a gift for the society:

- a small virtual server in some cloud in Germany (hoststar.at)
- the domains lc-soc-lc.at, lc-soc-lc.or.at and lc-soc-lc.co.at

3.f.) We could eventually found and materialize that society, if the Web3D Consortium does not like to take this action. The scope would be broader than the scope of the Web3D Consortium, somehow complementary for sure.

What's your opinion?

KR
Christoph, aka yeti (Webmaster of lc-soc-lc.at)