[x3d-public] MultiTextureTeapot example using X3D3.3

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:42:03 PDT 2021

Cool!

1. Note that for creating reflective curvy (non-flat) surfaces, I
would advise to not use spherical mapping
(TextureCoordinateGenerator.mode='COORD-EYE') in most cases.

    Instead use cubemaps
(TextureCoordinateGenerator.mode='CAMERASPACEREFLECTIONVECTOR' in any
X3D browser or even better
TextureCoordinateGenerator.mode='WORLDSPACEREFLECTIONVECTOR' specific
in CGE). Cubemaps are easier to generate with many tools (including
CGE itself and Blender), you also have an option to let X3D browser to
make it by "GeneratedCubeMap". The description of the setup is on
https://castle-engine.io/x3d_implementation_cubemaptexturing.php ,
"Tutorial: How to make a mirror". The general idea is similar, you
just use a different "TextureCoordinateGenerator.mode" and need a
different texture.

2. Note that in Castle Game Engine and Instant Reality you can also
use "Teapot" node (thus you don't need to provide teapot geometry
explicitly in "IndexedFaceSet"). Admittedly this was just done as it
was trivial to do within CGE, I would never propose to make this
primitive type standard (way too obscure usage) :)

Regards,
Michalis