[x3d-public] Fluid information

Cecile Muller contact at wildpeaks.fr
Sat Sep 18 16:33:39 PDT 2021

Good morning,

> How can I apply fluid information (a phrase I just coined I think, after
years of study) to X3D?
> Can we shoehorn fluid information into X3D, potentially as a particle
system, or do we need a new standard?

Well it depends on the kind of data and how it's meant to be rendered:
it could be more accurate data from Computational Fluid Dynamics
simulations,
or simpler Flowmaps for surfaces, or even shaders like Gerstner waves for
generic oceans.

Also depends if the simulation is meant to be precalculated (like baked
physics in Vertex Animation Texture)
or if you expect the engine to calculate it in realtime.

See you,
Cecile