[x3d-public] (FlipY) Texture coordinates for material textures.

Holger Seelig holger.seelig at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 10 08:04:06 PDT 2022

I recently tested the new glTF examples from https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GltfSampleModels/index.html <https://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GltfSampleModels/index.html> with X_ITE alpha version and recognized that the textures coordinated are y-flipped. I also tested View3DScene and it also happens there. I know that glTF does no y-flip with textures  as X3D does, thus a conversion from glTF to X3D should handle this and add a TextureTransform with translation 0 1 and scale 1 -1. This would mean that this TextureTransform must be added to the examples. Is this correct, or are the textures from material nodes somewhere handled specially?

Best regards,
Holger