[x3d-public] X3D minutes 3 MAR 2022: announcements, SpotLight default values, NurbsSweptSurface NurbsSwungSurface found in FreeWrl, planning X3DOM WebXR

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:00:57 PDT 2022

NURBS SWEPT & SWUNG
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs/swept2_translate.png
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs/swept2_full.png
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs/swung2.png
Swept translate - like Piegl & Tiller, x-section is kept facing same
direction, so extruded volume collapses when trajectory goes orthogonal to
face normal
Swept full - Doug modification to maintain extruded volume by rotating
profile to stay orthogonal to trajectory curve.
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs/nurbsswept.x3d
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/NURBS/specs/nurbsswung.x3d

Online search for diagrams from The NURBs Book, Piegl & Tiller

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-NURBS-Book-Piegl-Tiller/dfb4e8bc558d52bc1b806aea33a178f964bdf0b2/figure/39

- Figure 10.11 Translational sweeping a) Trajectory and sectional curves

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-NURBS-Book-Piegl-Tiller/dfb4e8bc558d52bc1b806aea33a178f964bdf0b2/figure/40

- (Figure 10.11 continued) b) swept surface

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-NURBS-Book-Piegl-Tiller/dfb4e8bc558d52bc1b806aea33a178f964bdf0b2/figure/37

- Figure 10.1 profile and trajectory curves for swung surface

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-NURBS-Book-Piegl-Tiller/dfb4e8bc558d52bc1b806aea33a178f964bdf0b2/figure/52

- 10.2 swung surface a) Control net;

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-NURBS-Book-Piegl-Tiller/dfb4e8bc558d52bc1b806aea33a178f964bdf0b2/figure/53

- (10.2 swung surface continued) b) no weights c) weights applied