[x3d-public] DanceWriting <-> X3D

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 10:59:56 PDT 2022

➢ How might dance be considered a emitter/collector or particle system?

We are emitting rotations directed to a hierarchical system of nested transforms, then collecting interesting relationships between instumented end effector structures placed to provide vizuals and sensors producing accessible realistic or simulated gestures in  a mixed reality environment consisting of virtual and practical interfaces with appropriate accessories and boundaries.

We rotate the joints and observe (collect and maybe even record) the result.
If we can capture (collect) a set of interesting and productive gestures using the humanoid simulation, then, we might try to transport this activity to an actual human in a real situation.

Fun with the Dance,
Joe