[x3d-public] X3D meeting agenda 4 FEB 2022: Rigid Body Physics review, Projects Wish List, X3D implementation spreadsheet

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Feb 2 22:00:30 PST 2022

We again meet this week 08-0900 Pacific on Web3D Consortium zoom line.

  1.  X3D4 Rigid Body Physics component:  Dick Puk and I have nearly finished resolving 20 editorial comments in Mantis issue tracker.  A number of phrasing improvements are included, no design changes, updated default values for various axis fields (0 0 0 is a degenerate vector).  Further final clarifications and suggestions welcome.
     *   Mantis issue tracker (tag V4.0 Resolution, filter 'physics')
     *   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

     *   Extensible 3D (X3D) v4, Part 1: Architecture and base components, Clause 37 Rigid body physics
     *   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/components/rigidBodyPhysics.html

  1.  Projects Wish List continuing discussion
     *   Work with MeshLab and Blender seems especially important.
     *   Can we add "how to get involved?" to each major item.
     *   https://www.web3d.org/projects/wish-list

  1.  Is someone interested in leading updates to our X3D support spreadsheet?
     *   X3D Node Inventory Comparison
     *   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.xlsx
     *   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dNodeInventoryComparison.pdf

  1.  Other topics of group interest... are always welcome.

Membership has value! Please consider joining Web3D Consortium.

  *   https://www.web3D.org/join

Videoconference Connectivity:

  *   https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81634670698?pwd=a1VPeU5tN01rc21Oa3hScUlHK0Rxdz09
  *   https://zoom.us/j/148206572  Password 483805
  *   https://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

Have fun with X3D!   8)

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman