[x3d-public] particle systems component review of issues complete

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Feb 8 18:12:48 PST 2022

Dick and I have finished Mantis issue review of another X3D4 Architecture component:

  *   X3D4 Architecture, clause 40 Particle systems component
  *   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/components/particleSystems.html

Some Mantis issues have been as functional or potentially desirable, and have been deferred to X3D4.1:

  *   Mantis 768, 40.4.10 WindPhysicsModel - Clarifications
  *   Mantis 464: 40.4.10 WindPhysicsModel - Question on Speed
  *   (we added sentence "Particle speed is not accelerated faster than current wind speed.")
  *   Turbulence (direction variability) is ill defined
  *   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php then X3D4.0 Resolution, "particle"

All review welcome.

This Friday's X3D meeting will briefly discuss the Particle systems component then resume our focus on X3D4 tools and support.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br        brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA    +1.831.656.2149
X3D graphics, virtual worlds, Navy robotics https:// faculty.nps.edu/brutzman