[x3d-public] X3D minutes 11 FEB 2022: , X3D4 Particle Systems component review, adding enabled field to X3DParticleEmitterNode ?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:34:36 PST 2022

I have to talk to someone about fluid dynamics first, I think. I have civil
and aeronautical engineers in my family.

How can one have a collector without an emitter?

Speaking of collectors, does spatial audio have something like a sink that
could be extended? Or is there lighting where some textures absorb light
(radiosity?). I’d prefer one way to do things in this case.

My ideas generally go through a painful birthing process.   Maybe I could
show how a transistor works with emitter, base, and collector?   Perhaps it
would be useful to show a hohlraum as collecting X-rays until the target
starts burning on its own?   There are also sinks like CCDs and film.

I think I should brainstorm all the kinds of collectors among the animal
kingdom?

Do we also consider transmission media?

I have totally switched over to collector from emitter.

Perhaps some collectors create abstract syntax trees?

I believe it would be appropriate to start collecting fields which describe
collector nodes.

Well there might be a fruit basket with an HAnimHumanoid.   The fruit
basket might hold.

Volume capacity in number of particles. I’m not sure how to spell pecks.

Weight capacity.  Resistance against gravity

Vacuum pressure in a dimension.

Air pressure might also allow us to model weather.  My roommate from
college was a metrologist.  Potentially low pressure points in the
atmosphere could be a node or two.  I am not sure if this has already been
modeled with wind.

John