[x3d-public] "Let's rename everything the Metaverse!”

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 15 10:43:01 PST 2022

➢ perhaps we could think of things as streamed over space,

Or, perhaps we could think of time as streamed over space.
Maybe a set of time stamped events streaming through spacetime so that
Same place same time
sameplace different time
different place same time
different time different place
different time same place

Streaming X3D. All ya gotta do is stream the scene context and its interactions in the ‘correct’ sequence. Or stream a script that then gets executed to produce events in the scene. Mainly, before you stream a geometry, you must first tell it where to place it in the scene and define its interactions, then you can stream the geometry.
Is it fundamental that an x3d browser basically is set up so that it can accept a stream of data that gets processed by the browser to build and update the scene, and then the browser can stream the scene to what interaction device(s), and also to stream data of status and commands to other browsers and whatever.