[x3d-public] X3D meeting agenda 18 FEB 2022: SpotLight angles, Volume Rendering component

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:45:29 PST 2022

Vince,

Sure, we can go over view3dscene nodes. Reading your links, I can
submit these corrections:

Looking at view3dscene nodes listed on
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jXu52t7_5kdQY8CtEJBM8oU6PxzwQz93/edit#gid=140823416
:

1. We have support for these nodes (they miss "x" in the respective column):

  Collision
  ComposedShader
  FloatVertexAttribute
  NurbsSet # though that's a bit unfair, and we just don't do (because
we don't have to) do anything to support this node

2.  We do not (and never did) support these nodes (their "x" in the
respective column should be removed):

  PackagedShader
  ProgramShader

3. In your description on
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ka1lR9laQiMPitRQWj3HULU2CKHqPFKF/view?usp=sharing
, I suggest these edits:

- Linus Desktop -> Linux Desktop :) We don't usually call it "Linus'
Desktop" unless someone wants to praise Linus Torvalds in this
imprecise way :)

- We also support macOS, albeit it often lags in official releases.

- "scripting uses the CastelScript language" -> while this is true for
view3dscene, I would say more: "view3dscene allows to specify scripts
using CastleScript https://castle-engine.io/castle_script.php . Castle
Game Engine additionally allows to write code in Object Pascal that
interacts with X3D and other models."

- "CGE supports 3D scene authoring viewable in view3dscene." -> this
may be confusing. Castle Game Engine editor actually creates designs
that are more than X3D. So they are not viewable in view3dscene. It's
the other way around -- "view3dscene allows to view various model
formats, including X3D and glTF. Castle Game Engine editor allows to
compose these models into larger designs, in JSON format specific to
CGE."

Regards,
Michalis

pt., 18 lut 2022 o 16:09 vmarchetti at kshell.com <vmarchetti at kshell.com>