[x3d-public] X3D agenda 25 FEB 2022: resolve SpotLight defaults, other Mantis issues

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:02:57 PST 2022

As for my Appearance change, I added a comment to Mantis.

The treatment of Appearance.texture is explained in

12.2.5 Coexistence of textures specified in material nodes with the
"Appearance.texture" field

https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-CD1/Part01/components/shape.html#CoexistenceMaterialTexturesWithAppearanceTexture

My point is to link to it from Appearance description. The current
sentence at Appearance """If the texture node is NULL or the texture
field is unspecified, the object that references this Appearance is
not textured.""" is no longer correct after other X3Dv4 changes we
did.

Regards,
Michalis

śr., 23 lut 2022 o 18:24 Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV)