[x3d-public] Preparations for big changes in X3DJSONLD

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:32:28 PST 2022

I am in the process of changing X3DJSONLD CDATA sections.  Particularly, in
X3D JSON, the "#sourceText" property will be changing to "#sourceCode" to
align with other X3D encodings and bindings.

What you can do:

If you have a lot of standalone X3D JSON files, you can use the perl
command:

perl -p -i -e 's/#sourceText/#sourceCode/g'

followed by a list of your X3D JSON files.

Basically, I will be updating every JSON file in X3DJSON, and there's a lot.

Users of X3DJSONLD.js and these codes may be impacted:

AframeSerializer.js
DOM2JSONSerializer.js
fieldTypes.js
JSONSerializer.js
loader-bundle.js
PrototypeExpander.js
Script.js
Standard.js
test_json.js
Three2Serializer.js
X3DJSONLD.js

Users of X3D JSON schema will be impacted. Including X3DJSONLD website
validator and main apps.

The main website will remain static for a while, until testing is
satisfactory. This will mean that the validator is "broken".  I may update
X3D JSON schema present on the website.   There's a new version of Ajv as
well, so expect some changes.

Thanks!